The Head of the Schuylkill invites you to become a sponsor
of Philadelphia's largest and most inclusive regatta.
Saturday, October 26 and Sunday, October 27, 2013.
BENEFITS OF SPONSORSHIP:
Affiliation with one of the premier regattas the U.S. and a Philadelphia rowing tradition
Penetration into a major 'rowing' market, in all rower categories, in the American cradle of rowing, the Mid-Atlantic Region
- Opportunity to communicate your message and position your product prior to, and throughout, the event weekend to 6,500 + competitors, their families and crew clubs
For more information about sponsorship opportunities please contact Sponsors@hosrregatta.org
The Head of the Schuylkill Regatta is a 2.5-mile head race* on the Schuylkill River in Historic Fairmount Park/Philadelphia, PA. The founding principle of the Head of the Schuylkill Regatta is to provide a race for everyone who rows.
* A rowing head race is one where competitors race the clock sequentially over a course typically 2 – 3 miles long – compared to the spring and summer side-by-side sprint races of 1000 to 2000 meters.
ROWING PROVIDES OPPORTUNITIES TO REACH A DESIRABLE TARGET AUDIENCE.
- Thousands of students compete in the sport at the high school and college level.
(This number continues to grow.)
Many continue to row after graduation, well into their adult and retirement years.
- Increasing numbers discover rowing as adults and more than 50% begin rowing again after the age of 30. It is a sport for a lifetime.
- Above average household income – Average household income for rowers over 30 is $110,000 - $150,000 (2008)
- Above average educations - Over 87% percent of rowers over the age of 25 are college graduates and 47% also hold advanced degrees.
HEAD OF THE SCHUYLKILL DEMOGRAPHICS:
- 79% of the rowers competing in the Head of the Schuylkill come from the Mid-Atlantic region
- 11% from the Philadelphia region
- In 2012 there were rowers from 26 states, 149 cities, 4 provinces and 6 countries.
- 6,500+ competed in 2012
An additional 5,000 – 8,000 attendees are SUPPORTERS AND SPECTATORS.
200+ including referees and marshals (most of whom spend the two days supervising the racing on the water).
Each rowing club on historic Boathouse Row in Philadelphia is involved with the Head of the Schuylkill as a provider of competitors or volunteers in the Regatta or (most often) both.
NUMBER OF EVENTS IN THE REGATTA
110… including events for recreational, adaptive and community rowers.